Newsvine - Popup Window

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Returning to the Road after 1st Home Stay

After completing my first home time since starting Schneider National and driving for them, I am finally returning to the road. To answer the unasked question, 'Yes' I am happy to be returning to the road. I enjoy traveling and my job provides me with the opportunity to fulfill this desire while also helping me to support my family financially.

I do miss my family when I am on the road, and I would enjoy being home every night to every other night, but I must put in my time first, before I get a lot more opportunities than that which I have now.  It has been almost six months since I changed  vocations and started driving a truck, but I have to wait two years before a lot more opportunities open up for me, like becoming an owner operator. With my business administration background, I believe I can manage my own business and after two years of experience I should be able to master the shipping part of the business and trip planning.  I still want to learn to be a truck broker, and maybe an operations manager (if this later will help me to eventually managing an agribusiness venture).

I have the truck straightened up and ready to go, so that part will be nice.  When I become an owner operator I will be able to bring my boys and my dogs along with me on trips, but until then I will just have to settle for the small stuff. I still have to wait for the adoption process to be completed before Juan will be able to ride with me while on the road.  I think he will have fun when we get to do this and I can't wait for this to happen. Of course, I better make sure he brings his video games and extra movies to keep him busy as there will be boring parts for him.

I have new stuff in the cab from everyone in the family, and I will post pictures of these at a later time.

Until I have another chance, hope everyone is doing well.

Keep on Truckin'

~Thumper

No comments:

Post a Comment