Newsvine - Popup Window

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Recent Updates to the Family

Well, I am still looking for work, but I now have a pre-hire letter from Werner Enterprises and I am hoping to hear back from US Xpress, BTC and Crete Transportation.  These three carriers offer more pay, as well as a chance to be home more often, which will be very helpful. At the point that I can become a trainer, I will be happy (more money) as I will be able to do what I enjoy, teaching others.  In due time, I will also become an owner-operator, as I eventually want to be able to pick and choose my own loads and have more direct control over my home time.  It will be hard on my family, I know, but the idea here is to get back on our feet, save some extra money and then relocate to a farm (with luck I will have 1,000 acres, cut at least a 100 acres would do).  I still want to setup my own business on the farm and have it multifaceted, and if possible, I could even have a small truckstop in the area, which would be nice.

Thanksgiving this year is unusual in that 1) everyone seemed to be going in different directions, 2) we are poorer this year than in years past, and 3) I have not been feeling too well. Rather than doing it on Thursday, we scheduled it for Saturday, but we may have to move this to Sunday this year. We can still enjoy the holiday and remember what the holiday is supposed to be about, but we need to be sure that everyone is well so that we do not make others sick.  So, we may end up doing this tomorrow vice today.

On Thanksgiving Day, though, I did make a homemade Chicken soup with homemade egg noodles.  Colleen and I enjoyed the noodles, but the noodles weren't a big hit with Juan or Jesus.  It could simply be a texture thing.  In any case, these will become a family tradition and I'll share my recipes with them for when they get older. Their tastes will change over time, so they may get to like it in the future. I will try other variations on the noodles and see if there is one they like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment