Newsvine - Popup Window

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Film - old but a good reminder of what the holiday should be

I came across this film while reviewing my Facebook account, and I thought to share it here, so that family can view it and remember what the holiday is supposed to be about, rather than thinking of it as a day of remembrance of the betrayal of the Indians by the Pilgrims.  I like thinking of the holiday as a Happy Harvest celebration, but the term Thanksgiving works too, if you think of the holiday as a time to reflect on one's life and show gratitude for the things that you do have (like health, food to eat, a roof over one's head, family, friends, etc.).  Hope you all enjoy this, I did.  Ironically, the view does show the times, but it is good none-the-less.


No comments:

Post a Comment