Newsvine - Popup Window

Monday, December 26, 2011

Driving drowsy as dangerous as driving drunk, studies show – - CNN.com Blogs

Driving drowsy as dangerous as driving drunk, studies show – - CNN.com Blogs:

'via Blog this'

In addition to drowsy driving, I would add distracted driving - both interfere with you being able to stay abreast of your situation (e.g. situational awareness) and can lead to accidents and/or death. It is best to get sufficient rest before you drive. As I will be a truck driver, this will be a major concern and I can get sufficient sleep as well as make my destinations. Just remember, you cannot do an all nighter and expect a single night's sleep to restore you back to normal. It usually takes me three days to recover from a single late night, and it gets worse the older I get. Found that getting a regular nights sleep every night keeps me more alert and I feel less stressed out during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment