Newsvine - Popup Window

Monday, December 5, 2011

Temporary delay in truck driving school

After talking with both my wife and the Utah Department of Workforce Services, I am putting my truck driving career on hold temporarily. I will apply to some local jobs for a Technical Writer, IT Manager or Teacher to see if I can get me a job by year end where I will be making at least $37,000+ per year and have good benefits to boot. This is necessary if we are to get back on our feet with respect to our house and other endeavors.  Ultimately I still want to start my own business where I can help kids to learn and come into their own.  As the old saying goes, to lasso the future we need to help our kids as they are our future.  So I will give this a try, as review of Jones International University indicates that they have a Masters of Education degree that will lead to licensure in which I can earn a decent living here in Utah. The Granite School District website displayed a starting salary range of $35-37,850 for the first year and goes up from there, but this is for a Master'd Degree. I need to see if I can get a student teaching position while I finish my degree. I am not sure what a substitute teach makes, but I wonder if I can get a good position while I finish my degree.  That would be cool. I can get my degree, teach and after a few years I should be able to finish the setup for a kids center where we can help kids with life skill development, school tutoring, and maybe even do some partnering with other groups whereby kids can develop workforce skills that will help them in the work environment, like financial management, interview skills, presentation skills, etc.  No mater the job one wants, there are basic skills that they all share that can make a real difference.  I still have to work out the details, but this is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment